We try our best to be as comprehensive as possible, but there is only so much we can cover. If you want to learn as much as possible and to keep brushing up on your gambling and pokies knowledge, then the links below should help.
- Gambling Laws Australia: Before you visit a country, and certainly before you move there, you need to know the legitimacy of gambling in that area. Whilst gambling is legal in most of Australia, that doesn’t apply across all regions and in Western Australia in particular, the laws are far from clear. One of the biggest casinos in the country is located here, yet pokies are banned from hotels, pubs, clubs and other establishments, where they are so common across the rest of the country. In this article you can learn a little more about online gambling legality in Australia. It is an official site so you know the information can be trusted, and everything is written in an easy to understand manner.
- Problem Gambling: Australians love to gamble and we love to gamble on pokies more than anything. Combined, this is a recipe for disaster, and whilst most get along fine, gambling occasionally and only with what they can afford to lose, there is a large portion of the population who take it too far. Gambling addiction can be more damaging than drug and alcohol addiction, because not only does it affect the finances, career and social life of those who suffer from it, but it also affects their mental health and, because of the fact that gambling addicts often turn to drugs or drink, their physical health. This site is the official problem gambling page for Australia, with a wealth of information on gambling addiction in the country, as well as information on what to do if you suspect you may be addicted.
- Crown Perth: This is one of the biggest casinos in Australia, located in Perth, Western Australia. Gambling is tightly restricted in this state, so residents let loose here, with hundreds of pokies, table games, VIP rooms, restaurants and more. This is a great place to get your fill of gambling, especially after struggling to find a single pokie in the rest of the state.
- Gambling Stats: These are the official statistics published by the Queensland Government on gambling across the country. Here you will find all that you need to know about gambling in Australia, with downloadable PDF files and more available, all of which include official statistics, reports and more.
- More Gambling Stats: These stats are a little more easily digestible, laid out in simple bullet-point form. If you want some answers to questions such as How Many People Have Issues with Gambling Addictions and How Much Revenue Gaming Machines Generate, then this is the place to turn. These statistics were published in 2010, but not a lot has changed in the industry since then and now, so this is still a good way to gain an understanding of how the gambling industry operates in Australia.
- Help with Addiction: As well as the official page we posted a link to above, there are many other groups and communities in the country that can help with gambling addiction. This site can help you if you are a problem gambler or if you suspect that your gambling might be getting out of control. This is the place to come if you need guidance and support, with people on hand to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are also discussion groups so you can chat with fellow addicts.
- Wagering Council: More stats on Aussie gambling, this time from the Australian Wagering Council. These guys have their ears pretty close to the ground as far as the gambling is concerned, and they have detailed stats on the individual states and territories. As you probably know, no two regions are the same in Australia when it comes to gambling, so it pays to know what is legal where.
- Casinos in Australia: We have already mentioned The Crown Casino, which is located in the city of Perth, Western Australia. This may be one of the biggest and most frequently visited casinos in the country, as well as the one that attracts the most number of tourists, but it is far from the only one. After all, in the country that likes to gamble the most, there needs to be plenty of casinos to sate their appetite. This is a Wikipedia list that includes all of the casinos in the country, with many of them having links to the main casino pages, including Alice Springs Casino, Casino Canberra, Jupiters Hotel and Casino and Adelaide Casino. The casinos are sorted by territory, so you can pinpoint your location and find the best venues near you.